It’s that time again…… New giveaway time for our Stoney Creek Group! Krista Verticchio from My Little Party is giving away something special. If you are on Facebook, please follow her at:https://www.facebook.com/mylittlepartywinona
Krista supports #AutismOntario by giving a portion of her sales to this great cause so please be sure to like her page and follow her story.
What happened to summer?
Hard to believe that the first month of Summer vacation for this year is over already…. Less than a month and it’s back to school. Despite the rainy weather, I must admit, I have enjoyed having the boys at home with me. In just over a month we will be at it again…. Back to school and that means: back to the morning rush, lunch packing, homework help, after school activities and, perhaps one can say back to more structure. Many of you are sending off their kids to school for the first time and for some this may be difficult…. I know it was hard for me to send my boys to school for the first time and reality is that it’s still hard for me.
I have put together some back to school tips that you may find helpful, feel free to comment and give me your back to school tips.
Back to school tips:
- Start the back to school routine early so about a week prior (or earlier if you feel it’s necessary) begin by putting your child to bed at the normal “school night time”. In the morning, start up again with building that back to school morning routine so waking up at a designated time, have them lay put their clothes the night before (and let them pick as it builds independence skills. If they wear a uniform, they can still lay out their clothes and have them ready to go for the next once school starts).
“Summer: the tans will fade but the memories will last forever”
- For first timers, practice opening and closing their backpacks and their food containers
- Practice feeding themselves and set a timer for it as remember they are only given a certain amount of time to eat/drink
- Practice going to the bathroom
- Practice washing their hands (lost of germs get shared between kids at school especially among the younger ones)
- Practice using a tissue (seems silly, but trust me during cold/flu season they will need those skills otherwise their shirt sleeves become their own personal tissue)
- Pratice tyding up
- Practice sharing toys and school supplies but also also go over what NOT to share: hats, treats, food…..
- Practice writing their names with the younger ones and assign some back to school sheets to the older ones
- Practice the school run and if they are taking the bus, contact the bus company and ask for a tour of a bus, they may say no but it’s worth a try
- Look through the school’s website with your child and start building that excitement
- Set up playdates, so try to find children that will be attending the same school/class as your own children and get together…. Children need to practice their social skills
- And finally, try to enjoy the last days of summer with your children….. do fun things as crazy times are just around the corner. 😊
What is Moms Connect Canada? Moms Connect Canada is website and Facebook closed Group created for all Canadian Moms. It’s a safe place where you can share your mommy concerns, your ups, your downs and anything else you want share without being judged. Being a Mom is one of the hardest jobs you will ever have and having that extra support is a blessing.
I currently run Stoney Creek Moms Connect, Burlington and Oakville Moms Connect and Etobicoke Moms Connect. There is also a “sister group” on Facebook for all Grimsby/Niagara Moms called Grimsby Moms Connect, run by Michelle F.
I offer advertising opportunities within the SCMC, BOMC and EMC Groups, please message me for advertising opportunities. All the money received goes back to the groups through fun giveaways, events and charity donations. We gave away 3 G/C this month to 3 lucky moms, 2 moms won a $10 G/C for Starbucks each and one mom won a $40 PC G/C, how awesome is that?
I have also started a monthly newsletter, calendar and organize monthly events. What is on this month:
- Moms Night Out
- String Art Workshop
- 2 Gift Cards giveaways
I have some exciting ideas planned for our 2500 members so stay tuned!!!! Have a question? Please feel free to contact me at: email@example.com