As parents, the thought of having to wait until midnight to celebrate the New Year can be SCARY especially when the kids are very young. Many parents will skip the year end celebration to avoid meltdowns, tantrums and being embarassed. I am here to tell NOT to avoid the celebration and instead host a kid friendly New Year’s Eve party! I have some great tips on how to host that perfect NYE kid friendly party.
How To Host A Kid Friendly New Year’s Eve Party
1. Who says you have to wait until midnight to celebrate? Timing is everything! Invite family and friends and set a kid friendly countdown time to ring in the New Year.
2. You can use confetti, bubbles, noise makers and other kid friendly party supplies to help celebrate the New Year.
3. Champagne for the parents and non alcoholic bubbly for the kids. You can even get your kids to come up with a kid friendly signature drink or set up a milk and cookies station!
4. Make a play list for a kid friendly New Year’s Eve dance party and if you have one of those karaoke machine your party is sure to be a big hit!!!
5. Have a craft station with one or two adults supervising.
6. Have game boards ready…. Our kids love to play BINGO and adults can play BINGO too!
7. Have a kid friendly meal so think kid friendly finger foods and desserts. Chicken fingers, pizza, sandwiches and more… For dessert have simple non messy desserts, the cookies and milk is a great idea and is non messy. You truly do NOT have to sit down and have that big meal, after all NYE is about having FUN!!!
8. Find a spot to set up a balloon drop. It’s so easy simply fill a garbage bag (preferably the kind with a drawstring) with balloons and hang it upside down and release the balloons during your countdown…. Trust me the kids will truly love this one!!!
9. Finally talk about the year that is almost over…. what was the best thing about 2017, what do they remember about 2017 and of course what are they looking forward in 2018!
10. Happy New Year!!!