We have some excting news….. we have teamed up with Boston Pizza in Stoney Creek for a FUN-TASTIC Community Night coming up in April. It will be a family friendly evening, with local mompreneurs showcasing their products/services, raffle prizes and more…. Hope to see you there, follow the link for updates: https://www.facebook.com/events/373799923031667/
Well it’s a New Year and new changes have officially come into effect in Ontario. The minimum wage in Ontario went up on January 1st $14.00 and then will jump again next year to $15.00.
Special minimum rates for liquor servers, students under 18, homeworkers and fishing/hunting guides will increase by the same percentage rate. Liquor servers will now jump to $12.20, students under 18 will jump to $13.15, homeworkers will jump to $15.40 and fishing/hunting guides working less than 5 houts a day will jump to $70 a day or $140 a day if working more than 5 hours a day. For further info please visit www.ontario.ca/page/minimum-wage-increase
The other big change in Ontario is the new “prescription program”. Effective January 1st, 2018 anyone 24 years and younger will have access to FREE prescription drugs. There is no need to enroll in a program, simply bring the prescription to any pharmacy in Ontario along with the appropriate health card and the prescription will be covered by OHIP. There are over 4400 drug products that are now covered and this is good news for all those family with dependents under 24 and who did not have any drug coverage prior to January 1st, 2018. For further info please visit: https://www.ontario.ca/page/learn-about-ohip-plus
Amazing how these days we can have entire conversations with emojis, GIFs and abbreviations. What area emojis? An emoji is a small digital image or icon used by many these days (including myself) to describe an idea, an emotion, an activity etc…. Hollywood has even made a movie about emojis and kids ask for emoji themed birthday parties!
GIFs instead, are image files that can be animated or just a single static image. Again they are used to describe an idea, an emotion, an event etc….
Social Media abbreviations are multiple words expressed by the first initial of each word so for example: TTYL is: talk to you later. Below are some on the more commonly used mommy lingo when on Facebook, Twitter or any of the other social media platforms. Many of these short lingos are also used when texting or in emails among friends.
BF: breastfed/breastfeeding BIL: brother in law
CIO: cry it out
DD/DH/DS: darling daughter/husband/son
EUC: excellent used condition
FF: formula feeding FIL: father in law
FTM: first time mom
GUC: gently used condition
ISO: in search of
LO: little one
MIL: mother in law
NBL: not baby related
PM: private message
SAHM: stay at home mom SIL: sister in law SMH: shake my head SO: significant other
TTC: trying to conceive TTYL: talk to you later TTYS: talk to you soon
WAHM: work at home mom
WM: working mom WTF: what the f**k? WTH: what the hell?
WWYD: what would you do?
For more social media lingo help please visit: https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/social-media-terms
Hope this helps….. ❤
As parents, the thought of having to wait until midnight to celebrate the New Year can be SCARY especially when the kids are very young. Many parents will skip the year end celebration to avoid meltdowns, tantrums and being embarassed. I am here to tell NOT to avoid the celebration and instead host a kid friendly New Year’s Eve party! I have some great tips on how to host that perfect NYE kid friendly party.
How To Host A Kid Friendly New Year’s Eve Party
1. Who says you have to wait until midnight to celebrate? Timing is everything! Invite family and friends and set a kid friendly countdown time to ring in the New Year.
2. You can use confetti, bubbles, noise makers and other kid friendly party supplies to help celebrate the New Year.
3. Champagne for the parents and non alcoholic bubbly for the kids. You can even get your kids to come up with a kid friendly signature drink or set up a milk and cookies station!
4. Make a play list for a kid friendly New Year’s Eve dance party and if you have one of those karaoke machine your party is sure to be a big hit!!!
5. Have a craft station with one or two adults supervising.
6. Have game boards ready…. Our kids love to play BINGO and adults can play BINGO too!
7. Have a kid friendly meal so think kid friendly finger foods and desserts. Chicken fingers, pizza, sandwiches and more… For dessert have simple non messy desserts, the cookies and milk is a great idea and is non messy. You truly do NOT have to sit down and have that big meal, after all NYE is about having FUN!!!
8. Find a spot to set up a balloon drop. It’s so easy simply fill a garbage bag (preferably the kind with a drawstring) with balloons and hang it upside down and release the balloons during your countdown…. Trust me the kids will truly love this one!!!
9. Finally talk about the year that is almost over…. what was the best thing about 2017, what do they remember about 2017 and of course what are they looking forward in 2018!
10. Happy New Year!!!
Week of December 18 to December 22, 2017.
New week…. new giveaway for the Stoney Creek Moms Connect Group. Thank you Mary McMahon for our new giveaway. A new year means a new beginning and a new YOU! It’s time for financial freedom and Mary can help you achieve all your financial dreams because dreams can come true!
Mary is giving away a Caeser Drink Kit perfect for the upcomimg Holiday Season!!! Good luck Everyone!!!
Please Like and Follow “Mary McMahon-Fiancial Advisor” on Facebook at: /www.facebook.com/marymcmahon.financial/
Week of December 11 to December 15, 2017.
New week…. new giveaway for the Stoney Creek Moms Connect Group. Thank you Crystal McGimpsey for our new giveaway.
Crsytal is giving away some AVON goodies just in time for the Holiday!!! Good luck Everyone!!!
Please Like and Follow “AVON Beauty & Life-Crystal McGimpsey” on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/AvonbyCrystalMcGimpsey/
Last Friday Moms Connect together with the Cheyne Presbyterian Church hosted a FUN-TASTIC Holiday Workshop. We had 26 Ladies getting in touch with their “inner Martha Stewart”. Laurie from Simply Elegant Creations was our event instructor and we all got to work on our own custom Holiday Sleigh. We also collected $125 for The Baby Depot in Hamilton.
Thank you to all the Ladies that came out, thank you to Kristy, Robin and Pastor Steve from the Cheyne Presbyterian Church for being so generous and welcoming our mommy community into your Church home.
Stay tuned for more FUN-TASTIC events coming in 2018!